There are lots of local festivals, pony shows and regattas happening through out the year in Connemara, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Féile Mhic Dara: July 16th 2017
The isolated Oileán Mhac Dara (Mac Dara’s Island) is the most famous of the many, now largely uninhabited, islands along this coast. It has the ruins of a church and the bed (grave) of Saint Mac Dara.
Mac Dara is greatly honoured by the people of Connemara. In the time of sailing boats, the fishermen used to dip their sails three times on passing the island.
A three- day festival, Féile Mhic Dara, is held annually in July, in Carna; it features mass on the Island on July 16th (weather permitting) and hooker and currach races, sea-angling competitions, art and craft exhibitions, children’s competitions, céilithe etc.
Roundstone Regatta: 21st – 23rd July 2017
The Roundstone Regatta is held in the idyllic and charming sea side village of Roundstone each July it features the The Galway Hooker and The Currach in races around the bay. The scene is spectacular and it is a fantastic day out for all the family
- Connemara Mussel Festival, Tullycross, Renvyle. : 28th – 30th April 2017
- Inisbofin Arts Festival: 28th – 30th April 2017
- Connemara Bog Week: 28th May – 5th June 2017
- Connemara Summer School: 3rd – 7th June 2017
- Traidphinic: 30th June – 2nd July 2017
- Festival Of The Sea: End of July- Start of August (Dates TBC)
- Omey Races: 30/07/2017 (Date subject to change)
- Connemara Pony Spring Festival: 31st March – 1st April 2017
- Maam Cross Connemara Pony Show: 02/07/2017
- Roundstone Pony Show: 09/07/2017
- Ballyconneely Pony Show: 16/07/2017
- The Cashel Show: 06/08/2017